Rick Mance has over 25 years of experience delivering executive-level consulting to service, manufacturing, distribution, chemicals, financial, defense, retail & natural resource organizations. He is an experienced leader, LEAN practitioner, and performance metrics developer with a record executing complex business transformations in international and domestic businesses. He believes performance is an expected output which can measured and managed at the point of execution. Creating employee buy-in as part of solution development drives sustainable improvements to the bottom line.
Rick has served various industries: Mining, Oil & Gas, Retail, Health Care, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Financial Services, Engineering, Public Water Utilities, & Logistics.
Improvement areas of focus: cost reduction through active vendor management and sourcing, lean operations & reengineering, demand planning, work center scheduling, optimizing logistics, & integration of information systems and technology. Development and management of critical systems and quality assurance. Rick is also proficient in the following disciplines: Process Performance Improvement, LEAN Six Sigma, Change Management, Organizational Design, Management Information Systems, and focused performance management metrics
Education / Qualifications
• BBA – Accounting, University of Texas
• Certified Public Accountant
• Certified Joint Interest Auditor (Oil & Gas)
• Certified ISO 9001 (QS 9000)
• LEAN Six Sigma
• Bank of America
• Canadian Tire
• ExxonMobil Pipeline Company
• Federal Reserve Bank of NY
• Ferrari USA
• Henry Ford Health Systems
• John Deere
• Miracle Ear
• Northrop Grumman
• Technicolor (Vantiva)
• Total Petroleum
Selected Relevant Experience
• Oil & Gas – Conducted purchase performance and vendor / contractor / equipment rental management for Canadian Oil Sands refinery. (Syncrude Canada Ltd.)
• Manufacturing – Performed detailed transaction audits for home appliance manufacturing company for in-house freight department performance: cost, fleet utilization, inbound freight reduction using backhauling. (Mor-Flo Industries Inc.,)
• Project Management / Construction – Performed structured purchase and competitive bidding compliance audit for construction of major process chemical refinery. (W.R. Grace & Co.)
• Vendor Management – Implemented Vendor Performance Rating and KPI Tracking systems – measuring price, delivery, order accuracy, invoice accuracy and payment terms for several manufacturing companies.
• Vendor Management – Conducted RFQ (Request for Quote) campaigns for major vendors for volume concentration and price reductions at various companies.
• Oil & Gas – Implemented integrated Purchase to Pay systems (SAP) and aligned work functions with system requirements for major domestic oil pipeline operator. (Exxon-Mobile Pipeline Company)